Friday, September 3, 2010

Joey's Birthday

We have got to be one of the most blessed families on earth! This little guy was out 1st foster baby and came to us when he was only 2 days old. We had the honor and blessing of helping to raise him for almost the 1st 2 years of his little life. In that time, we got to know and love his Mom, Dad and Grandparents. They are great people and we consider them a part of our family as well. After leaving our home over a year ago, we have been able to keep in touch with his family and they welcomed us into their lives as well. This is one of the greatest honors a foster family can get and we are so grateful.


I will always consider Joey one of my sons and he'll hold a special place in my heart forever. There are still times when I imagine what it would be like to have him living with us today and I must say I could really see Graeme and Joey being pretty close, but the biggest handful of mischief ever. We'll always be here for him (and his family) should they need us.

Watching the boys play.

Joey flexing his muscles.


That being said, our little guy turned 3 recently and I was able to make him a special cake as I have done for all his birthdays thus far. It turned out so well and was so much fun to make that I think I might just have to make this one again! Looking forward to many more birthday celebrations with Joey and his family.

The Giant Hamburger. Golden yellow cake, frosted with a peanut butter icing for the bun and chocolate peanut butter meat. The ketchup is strawberry jam and the lettuce is dried kiwi. It was like having PB&J for desert!