Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sample Menu 1: 30 Day Challenge Meals

Because I didn't take photos of all the meals from day one, I figured I would just give you a sample menu from the past three. I will try to give one recipe for each meal, but I may just have to mix and match. Snacks are almonds, walnuts and plain yogurt with blueberries. I find myself drinking a lot more water to wash all the nuts down. This is good because I don't drink nearly enough water in a day.

Breakfast
Nutty Morning Shake
Sounds weird, but taste pretty good. I mixed 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (could use almond butter too) with water (though I wished I had some unsweetened Almond Milk) and mixed in blender. Add 1 scoop of vanilla Protein Powder (Nature Pro) and mix. I was also thinking that Iif I used some coconut milk this would be a really delicious shake!

Lunch
Spinach, Egg Avocado Salad with Celery & Ranch Dip
A Yummy ML Lunch
2 cups spinach, drizzled with olive oil lemon juice, salt and pepper
1 hard boiled egg, sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper
1/2 avocado
2 celery stalks cut into sticks, served with 1 tbsp dip

Ranch Dip (sugar free)
2 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup dill, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Dinner

Citrus Fish with Quinoa Rice Blend and steamed Vegetables

Slice oranges (we found some blood oranges on 50% off), lemon and small grapefruit. Place a layer on the bottom of lightly oiled baking dish. Add fish, seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with your favourite sweetener (avgave nectar, xylitol, stevia or even 100% maple syrup) to your taste. Top with remaining fruit slices. Bake in 350˚ oven until fish is fully cooked. If fish was frozen, I would say 45min to 1 hour, from fresh, 30 minutes. 

We served this with Quinoa and Brown Rice (for the kids- not part of the advanced plan), seasoned slightly with lemon and pepper. Add a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower.