Sunday, February 19, 2012

Keeping it Simple

Lunch... There are certain foods that I would just randomly miss. This day, I was craving Caesar Salad. Naturally, I looked on the side of the bottle (knowing what it would say) and there it was... SUGAR! The hunt was on. Here is what I found:
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup olive oil

1) In a blender combine the 1st three ingredients. While processing, gradually add olive oil in a steady stream.

I put this dressing on some romaine, spinach and left-over salmon. It was super good and hit the right spot.

Not the greatest colour here, but it taste so good!
Supper... Having a freezer filled with yummy beef means I never have to worry about what cut of meat is on sale before I make my menu. Having just fallen in love with Mashed Faux-tatoes I knew a classic roast beef would compliment it so well. I didn't feel bad that I didn't serve a salad because there is a lot of veg on this plate. The children LOVE the cauliflower potatoes. Graeme (3yrs old) prefers this to the "real deal". This is the one who also sites broccoli his favourite food.

Not much, but at least you know that you can take your old go to recipes and make them more healthy for you.