Here are some more photos and recipes from last week. I had a pretty epic fail making muffins. The second try was much better.
|Grainless Pumpkin Muffins: Epic Fail, Fail and Success!|
Thinking the mixture might work better with more liquid and an egg, I tried a few like that. No good, still too dry. Maybe if I had added more pumpkin it might have been better, but they were too dense and too dry. I'm not much of a baker really, so improvising is not too easy for me.
My third attempt was to follow the recipe much more carefully. Not like it was hard anyway. No trying to help my eldest son on the computer. Just straight baking, no interruptions. This was a hit. They are dense and filling. The original recipe called for liquid stevia extract, which we don't have and aren't big fans of anyway. We prefer to use Xylitol; so I used a teaspoon of that. That was not enough. I would need to use at least a tablespoon or more. The children liked them and with some butter they were good, just not sweet.
I do have more to post, but I will make it a new one. I want to try to keep these a bit shorter if I can. I like to talk so this is hard for me. I have some great keepers coming up so stay tuned.