Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick Health Update

Around Christmas I had some tests done to take a look inside my stomach and colon to see if there might be anything abnormal going on. All the test came back clear. The Doctor made it clear that these tests are not 100% accurate and could have easily missed something.

We are NOT at all concerned or worried about my health. We do not think I have this rare stomach cancer, nor are we thinking that I will develop this cancer. Aside from the clean bill of health my Dad and Uncle have received, it was the clear voice of God that gave us the most peace. He is Lord of my body and has told me to leave this with him, that I am healthy, and that is what we are going to do. This way of thinking goes against the common medical community and it's a lonely place to be at times. I do have days when I question this choice, but I just remember that My God is a great big God. He created me and can see what I and the Doctors can not.

I know that there are MANY faith-filled people out there who have gotten sick and I want to make clear that I do not think I am more faith-filled or better than them. My journey, at this point, is clear to me and each of us need to live with whatever wisdom and peace God gives us. He can see the bigger plan that we can not and I will not question his wisdom.

Just because I have received this peace, doesn't mean that I can sit back and live as I once did. My diet has  dramatically changed, how I view my body has dramatically changed. If you look back on some of my older blogs you can see the shift in my focus quite clearly. Sometimes we need that scary kick in the butt to get us back on track, placing our focus and faith where is ought to be. It's not easy swimming against the current, but for God I would do it any day!



May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.  May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
~ 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
~ 2 Corinthians 7:1