Friday, March 9, 2012

Three Amazing Suppers

Butter Chicken with Cauliflower "Rice"
Clearly my family enjoys indian food. Often I don't follow a recipe, but this one was certainly inspired by an easy pale recipe found on Paleo Diet Lifestyle. I did the chicken, coated in ginger, curry powder and paprika, in the oven and the sauce in a huge pan on the stove. Once the sauce was well blended I added the chicken to the sauce mixture and simmered to yummy perfection. Here are the ingredients for the sauce:

  • butter (obviously)
  • finely chopped onion
  • tomato paste
  • garam masala
  • ginger
  • curry powder
  • corriander
  • chili powder
  • lemon juice
  • cream (any you like)


Salmon Patties with Avocado Slaw
This went over so well with the children I was shocked. What blew my mind most was that they boys asked for more slaw. I didn't expect that at all.

When I find it hard to get fresh cilantro (which my family is not a fan of) I will use the dried stuff. It gives me a small amount of the "soapy" tasting herb but doesn't over power the fragile tastebuds of my family.

If you ever find jalapeƱos in the 50% off rack, pick them up! I just store mine in the freezer and whenever I need a kick of heat I pull one out and grate it into my dish. This slaw asked for pickled, but we didn't have that. I added a bit extra lime juice and it was great. Still wanna try this with pickled though.


Chorizo Beef Burger with Caramelized Onions
Health Bent is by far my most favourite site for recipes right now. They are interesting, easy to make and most of all, completely good for the whole family. Check them out you won't be disappointed.

When I went to cut up my avocado for this recipe it wasn't good anymore (boo hiss). Even without the avocado this one was super good. I have been craving a hamburger for a while now and this really hit the spot (filling too). Originally, they served this with a fried egg on top. That would taste great, but alone this is a very satisfying meal.

The basic ingredients are:

  • chorizo sausage (couldn't find sugar free)
  • hamburger
  • extra-old cheddar
  • caramelized onions
  • tomato
  • served over baby spinach


Hope you enjoy these as much as we have. Let me know which one you think would work best for your family. Are there foods your kids prefer or just won't eat? Are there any other ingredients you would like me to try out?