Thursday, March 8, 2012

Two More for the SFGF Menu

 A Classic Curry supper for the whole family. I don't follow a recipe when making this number. I just look in the fridge and toss it all in the pan. Here's the ingredients:

  • chicken thigh
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • onion
  • chick peas
  • curry powder
  • chicken stock
  • garlic
  • chili garlic paste
  • ginger
  • coriander

We used to serve this over rice or with whole wheat pasta, but it really doesn't need that stuff. You could add coconut milk to the sauce. I thicken sauce with arrowroot powder if it needs it. Treat is similar to corn starch. I let the children add raisins to their dish and they go nuts over this one.

This yummy supper is the Pumpkin Chili I found on Health-Bent. It has an avocado cream on top. Served these chive biscuits along side and it's a classic comfort gone healthy. I thought the citrus was too strong in the cream so I would tone that down for the future, but everything else was really incredible.

After searching all of my bookmarks again and again I think this recipe is the one I used for these biscuits, but I could be wrong. Either way it looks like a yummy one. I just added some dehydrated chives.

Hope these help you to live a more sugar and grain free life. I feel awesome for doing this 30 day challenge. While the challenge is over, I am enjoying the health benefits eating this way, so why stop? I have had a 5% weight loss, I am far less hungry throughout the day and I feel like I have a much better grip on my emotions (fewer freak outs).