Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This is What We've Eaten Lately

With so many recipes adding up and very little time I thought this might catch me up. My A-type personality has a hard time blogging in bulk like this. My preference is to have one blog post per recipe to keep things neat and tidy, but this will have to do for now. In no particular order...

• Okay, I know that most people when they take a look at this link will just say "dream on" and shut it down. I did the 1st time though too, but I promise it is well worth the prep time. So tasty and completely flour & sugar free if you replace the noodles with a coleslaw (we cheated and used brown rice noodles) and just skip the corn starch.
Pork Dumpling Soup (Dan Jaio)

• Our first time sharing artichoke with our children (my 1st time making it actually). Owen loved it, but it could have been the novelty of roasted garlic butter dripping all over these green scoops of artichoke.
Lemon Butter Tilapia, Artichoke w/Roasted Garlic Butter & Steamed Cauliflower 

• A family favourite makes another appearance. Still working out the thickening of the sauce. We've been using arrowroot powder instead of corn starch. We'll get it right yet, but this taste so yummy. I made a separate mini pie for Daddy while Mommy was away at a ladies retreat.
Paleo Chicken Pot Pie

• These were pretty good and not too hard to make. Wishing I had made these week 1-2 of the 30 day challenge. Also could have made them thinner to get more crunch, but very tasty. 
Chickpea Crackers

• May have already posted this, but we've been learning more about herbs and such to help maintain better health in a natural way. Elderberry is a better flu fighter than any flu shot. Here are some sites for more research: prlog.org & quantumhealth.com
Flue Fighting Tea
Morning Mocha Protein Shake

• This was so good that I will make it over and over. I get to a point now with Thai-style food that I just look at the photo & list of ingredients and wing it. The basic is really just red curry, coconut milk, lime & fish sauce (or soya sauce). I always replace any sugar with xylitol.
Red Curry Shrimp (adapted from: rasamalaysia.com)

• I originally saw this on Pinterest and was surprised that it was a magazine recipe. This tasted so good and I didn't even need to adjust the recipe to be sugar-free. Obviously we made it without the Quinoa.
Salmon Florentine w/Cauliflower "Rice" 

• Craving Potatoes Gratin? This is a great replacement. I just threw it all in a casserole dish and baked it, rather than steaming the cauliflower first.
Rosemary Balsamic Steak w/Cauliflower Gratin

• Not a biggie here, just felt like having a "treat". Not to guilty about Organic Blue Corn Tacos (the sugar was cane sugar). Just a few around the rim and pile on the good stuff.
Taco Salad

There you have it. A few like the delicious Rice Paper Rolls, Spaghetti Squash Gratin, Pineapple Ginger Smoothies, Coconut Kiwi Smoothies and a lot of spinach salads.