|Printable Calendar from justdawnelle.com|
There is so much talk about monthly menus and 30 day freezer menus among my circle of friends lately. We know this isn't exactly a new concept but it's one that does need a second look for many families. Let's face it, our families are getting larger again. Gone are the days of 1.5 children, two cars, a dog and two working parents. At least within the circles I follow, 3 or more children seem to be the norm, the second vehicle is a bonus and most of the time the Mom is staying at home. Stay-at-home Mom or not, these ideas are meant to save time and money. Who doesn't want that, no matter what your family looks like?
|The Angry Turtle: Freezer Cooking|
- Make a monthly menu plan (rather than my weekly one).
- Shop for the month except the fresh produce so I have stock on everything else I need.
- In that menu there will be at least one freezer meal per week that will be made on the 1st week's shop so that I get the benefit of a few meals ready to go.
- Have 1-2 slow cooker meals.
- I will resist the urge to seek out and buy those 50% off items that fill our remote, small town shelves daily. That will be the most tough one of all I think!
(4) Freezer Meals:Quick Freezer Chicken Enchiladas
Freezer Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
(4) Slow Cooker Meals:Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
Slow Cooker Polynesian Pork Ribs
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
(18) Regular Meals:Soft and Crunchy Fish Tacos
Asian Beef Noodle Bowls
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
30-Minute Mini Meat Loaves
BBQ Beef with Creamy Slaw on Cheese-Garlic Biscuits
Indian Curry Burgers with Chutney Mayo
Curried Meat Loaf
Shrimp Summer Rolls with Dipping Sauce
Cod With Asparagus En Papillote
Thai-Style Coconut Chicken
Thai Red Curry Coconut Chicken
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Shredded Thai Chicken Salad
Crunchy Chicken Peanut Salad
Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Thai Chicken Party Pizza
(3) Breakfasts:Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Oatmeal
Strawberry Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal
Stuffed French Toast
In case you haven't been following this blog long, we try to follow a sugar-free and grain-free diet so you can expect my recipe adjustments to follow after a recipe success (or failure).