|Carrot Cake II (coconut flour)|
|Carrot Cake I (almond flour)|
Carrot Cake I
6 eggs, separated
1/4 cup honey (or xylitol)
1 1/2 cups carrots, cooked and cooled
1 Tbsp grated orange rind (1 orange)
1 Tbsp fresh orange juice (1 orange)
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups almond flour
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Grease pan (or use silicone pan)
3) Separate the eggs and beat the yolks and honey (xylitol) together.
4) Mix in carrot, orange rind, orange juice, ginger, cinnamon and almond flour.
5) Beat the egg whites until the form stiff peaks and fold into mixture.
6) Spoon the mix into the pan(s). I used 2-9" pans and split the batter evenly to make layers and add more flavor with the cream cheese frosting in the middle.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8) Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Carrot Cake II (the winner!)
1 cup honey (or 1/2 cup xylitol)
1 cup butter
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 1/8 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
1/2 tsp ginger, grated
3 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium)
1) Heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Grease 2-9"pans (or use silicone pans)*
3) Melt honey and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cool.
4) Lightly beat eggs. Add vanilla and blend.
5) Add coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, and beat until well blended, scraping down sides as necessary. Add shredded carrots, and stir lightly to incorporate.
6) Pour into prepared pans and bake 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) Allow to cool completely and invert onto cooling rack.
*The photo of this cake was from a half of this recipe
Orange Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
1/2 cup butter, at room temp
1/4 cup xylitol
zest & juice from 1 orange
1 tsp ginger
1) In a stand-up her mixer, whippe together the cream cheese and butter
2) Add xylitol, zest, juice and ginger
3) Mix well